This is a complete trailer that I built from scratch to transport my welding equipment.
The red trailer setup worked, but it was very top heavy and the trailer was very light.
There was a big possibility of the trailer flipping (not good).
So, I started working on the heavier trailer, below.
All of this work was done using the little red trailer rig, which sat off to
The side and watched its death!
Underside was primered gray and sprayed with rubberized undercoating for sealant.
Trailer flipped back to "right side up" with the light surface rust still showing
on the 3/8" plate.
Most of the top has been sanded and primered, and angle iron was used on the trailer ends
to mount the fenders to.
Red trailer in background is slowly being stripped down. Notice it doesn't have
an Oxy-Acetylene rig or the small crane.
Painted trailer! "Battleship Gray" was selected as the trailer color.
A quick "side-by-side" comparison of the two trailers.
Here is my finished trailer with my welder mounted to it.